Dad holding Jean, Mother at King’s Ranch I’m not sure who is holding me. Cousin Helen, her husband Hal, Vivian and Phil, Uncle Oscar’s children I was born in the year 1930.  During that year, the Supreme Court rules that buying liquor does not violate the Constitution; the first scheduled transcontinental air service begins; Bette Davis arrives in Hollywood under contract to Universal Studios; Clyde Tombaugh discovers Pluto, the ninth planet of our solar system; Mahatma Gandhi leads the Civil Disobedience movement in India against Great Britain; the first of four heads on Mt. Rushmore is unveiled by Gutzon Borglum; frozen foods are sold commercially for the first time; the President of the United States is Herbert Hoover; life expectancy is 59.7 years; the most popular music is, “I Can Dream, Can’t I?” by Tommy Dorsey; and the movie, All Quiet on the Western Front, is both the Academy Award Winner and banned by Germany.  March 21, 1998 St George, Utah HISTORY OF ALMA DAWN ANDERSON ORROCK My life began on Halloween evening, 1930.  Mother was preparing a turkey for Grandpa Anderson’s 80th birthday party.  The party was to be held at Uncle Oscar’s and Aunt Alvilda’s home.  Jean went to the party.  Mother and Dad went to the hospital.  I came to the hospital, but I didn’t make the birthday party.  Grandpa Anderson passed away when I was six years old.  They didn’t let me go to his funeral, which made me very sad.  A good neighbor, Mrs. Johanson, let me stay at her home.  She let me ride her daughter, Kathryn’s, tricycle.  I had never had one.  Usually that would have been a great treat, but Grandpa’s funeral was going on and I wasn’t there.  I knew he had loved me because when I wanted my hair to grow long so I could be pretty like my best friend, he said to my mother, “Venice, let her hair grow.”  I was so pleased that he wanted what I wanted.  Mother didn’t let it grow, but that doesn’t matter.  Grandpa had paid honor to my wishes and I felt he cared for me. Mother, Daddy, Jean and I moved into Grandpa Anderson’s home in Salina at 297 North, 200 East, from King’s Ranch, which was a few miles south of town. I was two years old.  Jean remembers King’s Ranch.  She was six years old when we moved.  I have only pictures to tell me that I lived there. Grandpa’s health was not good at the time.  He had asthma, and having cut off his own toes (See John Anderson’s history written by his daughter, Josephina Anderson Miller) when he was a young man, they were in constant need of attention. King’s Ranch, Mother and Dad with Jean on the horse in the middle. I don’t know who the other children are.  My dad holding Jean, standing on the south side of Grandpa Anderson’s home in Salina, Utah Baby Jean on the lawn at Lost Creek Uncle Joe’s son, K. Anderson, with Jean at King’s Ranch  Me with one of our many dogs Happy me in the wicker buggy at King’s Ranch House at King’s Ranch Road to King’s Ranch Jean pushing me in the buggy at King’s Ranch Baby me with Jean at King’s Ranch Mother (looking cute) with me in the chair at Grandma Foote’s home Another me on chair with Jean    I look good in chairs.  This is out front of Grandma Foote’s brick home in Provo, Utah.